Haiku Fest 2013
Rules & Instructions
Welcome to Haiku Festival's e-home!
- Haiku Festival celebrates children through poetry, while promoting literacy. We offer year-round events for poets of all ages. Over 11,000 children have participated in Haiku Festival workshops, readings, and juried competitions for 8 to 14 year olds.
- We proudly announce that Converge Magazine profiled Haiku Festival in an article titled ''Haiku Festival Inspires Young Writers.'' Click here to read the article.
- Haiku Fest winners take home cash awards and prizes.
Each poet receives a Certificate of Achievement for participating, and has an opportunity to read her or his poem at the annual Awards Program. To be eligible for cash awards or prizes, poets must attend the annual Awards Program in Chicago.
- The DEADLINE for poetry submission has been extended to Friday, 22 March, 2013 @ MIDNIGHT.
- Click here to view a list of HaikuFest 2013 finalists.
- Haiku Festival Awards will be issued on Saturday, 27 April, 2013 at Harold Washington Library, 400 South State Street, Chicago, Illinois. All poets receiving awards and/or reading their poetry should check-in by 9:00 am. The Awards Program starts promptly at 10:00 am. Winning Poets, Teacher-of-the-Year and School-of-the-Year must be present to read and accept their awards.
- Poetry Workshops are available for children and adults. If your organization is interested in sponsoring a reading or workshop, or you would like more info about Haiku Fest 2013, please contact us.
Extended Deadline: Friday, 22 March 2013 @ MIDNIGHT
- Haiku Festival Awards will be issued on
Saturday, 27 April, 2013:
9:00 am, Poets Check-in
10:00 am, Program Starts
Harold Washington Library
400 South State Street
- The Special Guest for our 9th Annual Awards Program is renowned
poet & artist,
- Download Entry Form